Six, large new fruit trees that were planted as part of the TD Green Streets Urban Orchard Initiative being undertaken by the City of Springfield and Regreen Springfield, were chopped down this weekend. They were the first trees planted at the Berkshire Orchard at Kennedy Farm in Springfield’s Indian Orchard neighborhood. The trees are part of initiative to establish two new orchards in low-income neighborhoods in the city. Funding for the project comes from a competitive grant award fro TD Bank’s Green Streets Program. The orchard initiative was one of ten projects funded by the grant program.
Make a Contribution
- Arbor Day Celebration & Forest Park Arboretum Ceremony – April 28th
- Request for Proposals (RFP) – Regreen Educational Initiatives
- Regreen Continues Restoration Work at Harriet Tubman Park
- Johnny Appleseed Orchard Gets Fall Clean Up
- Verizon Wireless and UMass Help Regreen Plant Trees at Harriett Tubman Park
Search the Site