Six, large new fruit trees that were planted as part of the TD Green Streets Urban Orchard Initiative being undertaken by the City of Springfield and Regreen Springfield, were chopped down this weekend. They were the first trees planted at the Berkshire Orchard at Kennedy Farm in Springfield’s Indian Orchard neighborhood. The trees are part of initiative to establish two new orchards in low-income neighborhoods in the city. Funding for the project comes from a competitive grant award fro TD Bank’s Green Streets Program. The orchard initiative was one of ten projects funded by the grant program.
Make a Contribution
- Tree Identification Workshops – Winter & Summer Tips
- Neighborhood Greening Workshops
- Off the Great Outdoors: Scavenger Hunts for Environmental Learning – December & January
- TD Bank Tree Days Regreens Edgewood Street With New Shade Trees
- Community Tree Planting – TD Bank Tree Days, October 24th, 12:00 Noon
Search the Site