On October 24, 2011 Students from Putnam Vocational Technical High School and Springfield Technical Community College joined efforts to help plant trees in the Upper Hill neighborhood. Twenty-one Priceton elm trees were planted by the students along Northampton Ave., including two at Gunn Square Park. The students who are studying Landscape Management, Arboriculture, or a related field were able to apply their knowledge in a real world setting. The planting is part of the city’s tornado recovery effort, which aims to not only replace trees lost to the June 1st tornado, but to expand the city’s overall tree canopy.
Make a Contribution
- Arbor Day Celebration & Forest Park Arboretum Ceremony – April 28th
- Request for Proposals (RFP) – Regreen Educational Initiatives
- Regreen Continues Restoration Work at Harriet Tubman Park
- Johnny Appleseed Orchard Gets Fall Clean Up
- Verizon Wireless and UMass Help Regreen Plant Trees at Harriett Tubman Park
Search the Site