On October 24, 2011 Students from Putnam Vocational Technical High School and Springfield Technical Community College joined efforts to help plant trees in the Upper Hill neighborhood. Twenty-one Priceton elm trees were planted by the students along Northampton Ave., including two at Gunn Square Park. The students who are studying Landscape Management, Arboriculture, or a related field were able to apply their knowledge in a real world setting. The planting is part of the city’s tornado recovery effort, which aims to not only replace trees lost to the June 1st tornado, but to expand the city’s overall tree canopy.
Make a Contribution
- Greening the Gateway Cities Offers Trees for Free
- Regreen Springfield Partners with Berkshire Bank for Xtraordinary Day
- Citizen Science Academy and Tree Steward Training Kicks Off in April
- ‘Greening the Gateways’ Initiative Brings $1.5 Million to Springfield for Trees
- Forest Park Arboretum Spring 2018 Kick-off Get Together, March 20th
Search the Site