On October 24, 2011 Students from Putnam Vocational Technical High School and Springfield Technical Community College joined efforts to help plant trees in the Upper Hill neighborhood. Twenty-one Priceton elm trees were planted by the students along Northampton Ave., including two at Gunn Square Park. The students who are studying Landscape Management, Arboriculture, or a related field were able to apply their knowledge in a real world setting. The planting is part of the city’s tornado recovery effort, which aims to not only replace trees lost to the June 1st tornado, but to expand the city’s overall tree canopy.
Make a Contribution
- Tree Identification Workshops – Winter & Summer Tips
- Neighborhood Greening Workshops
- Off the Great Outdoors: Scavenger Hunts for Environmental Learning – December & January
- TD Bank Tree Days Regreens Edgewood Street With New Shade Trees
- Community Tree Planting – TD Bank Tree Days, October 24th, 12:00 Noon
Search the Site